[HOME] | [SCREENSHOTS] | [DOWNLOAD]
[CONTACT] | [DOCS] | [TÜRKÇE]
How does it work?
Download and extract the program in a directory. Then edit the host.lst as explained above, and write host's name and alias in each
line. The type:
An icon must be appear in system tray. Clicking on icon is enough to connect the host and let it work.
GARP has 5 main script:
GARP has only a little configuration file:
- get_arp.rb - This script get the ARP table via SNMP and write these values to files.
- analyse.rb - This script analyses information and wrote results in files.
- garp_graphic.rb - This is for GUI.
- garp.rb This is for System Tray. It executes other 3 scripts, too.
GARP has a directory called logs which includes all hosts. And every directory has the same name of the host. Here are some files:
- host.lst - It containes the host addresses and aliases in IP address= alias
- mac.lst- Current MAC table on the device
- ip.lst- Current IP table on the device
- arp_table.lst - Current ARP table on the device
- arp_archieve_table.lst - All MAC::IP pairs on device (olds and news)
- mac_archive.lst - All MAC addresses on device (active and inactive ones)
- sysinfo.lst - System Information
- unactive_machines.lst - Unactive Machines
GNOME ARP Monitoring Tool